The European association of Veterinary Laboratory Diagnosticians acquires data for scientific purposes inherent to its activity and adopts this policy to ensure the privacy of the members. The policy includes the requirements of the European General Data Protection Regulation GDPR, EU Regulation 679/2016).
From members we hold information that might include name, address, postcode, phone numbers, email address and research interests.
The data are collected for the following purposes strictly related to the establishment and continuation of the relationship:
- To send emails to members about events, meetings and the activities of EAVLD or other associations which we think members may find interesting, using the email address provided.
- As a memorandum of understanding is in place with the ECVM and ESGVM, the member list with emails address could be sent to such associations, to have discounts for meetings or other benefits.
- From time to time, we may also use the information to contact members individually by email, phone or mail.
- We may use information to customise the website according to the interests of the members
- We may collect IP addresses of visitors to our website for the purposes of protecting our website from hacking attempts or email SPAM.
- We may collect and store personal data as part of web servers logs for the purposes of detecting and preventing fraud and unauthorized access and maintaining the security of our systems.
To the members:
- As this page can be updated according GDPR, you are invited to check regularly to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, or you are no longer an EAVLD member, please email us as soon as possible. We will correct any information found to be incorrect or we will delete your profile from our records.